Trio Imàge - Frank Martin, Pancho Vladigerov, Joaquín Turino: Piano Trios
Klasyczna Muzyka Kameralna
premiera polska: 2023-01-23
opakowanie: Digipackowe etui
For this CD, we have decided to record three works written between 1916 and 1926. In that period marked by the First World War and its aftermath, it is remarkable to note these three composers’ widely varying creative approaches and ideas.
Composed during a summer stay at the French seaside resort of Capbreton, Frank Martin’s piano trio has accompanied us on our journey as an ensemble ever since we were students. Its unique melodic approach combined with complex rhythms based on Irish and Celtic folk music always remain a wonderful challenge and never cease to rekindle our enjoyment in making music together!
Two of us – Gergana and Pavlin – have been familiar with the music of Pancho Vladigerov ever since early childhood. His sole piano trio, a monumental work in A Minor, captivates us with its original melodies and harmonies. Although Vladigerov finished writing it during his studies in Berlin, we also find that it has unmistakable traces of Bulgarian folklore. With joy and enthusiasm, we have incorporated it into our repertoire; now, with this recording, we are thrilled to make it known to a wider audience of interested music lovers.
Joaquin Turina’s frequently performed Second Piano Trio is a work we discovered somewhat by chance in 2011. After only one rehearsal we were already fascinated with this colorful, highly emotional composition that presents Spanish harmonies and rhythms in a thoroughly authentic way, as in the dancelike Scherzo in typical 5/8 meter. We always look forward to playing this work, renewing our acquaintance with it as with an old beloved friend, and having the opportunity to share it with the audience! (Forword of Trio Imàge)
- Again and again this special and creative trio ensemble discovers new and exciting pieces for piano trio. It is now their fourth album.
- The selection and programm of this album is oriented on the routes and European Areas of the three members.
- Alltogether the three pieces are not standard repertoire in the concert halls. They are real discoveries and are showing temperament, great joy by playing them, massive and powerful music and especially rhythms.
The three strong and distinct artistic personalities who form the Trio Imàge –Gergana Gergova (Violin), Thomas Kaufmann (Cello) und Pavlin Nechev (Piano)– make every concert an intense and unforgettable musical experience.
The Imàge‘s debut CD, the complete piano trios of Mauricio Kagel, created a sensation. It was awarded the ECHO Klassik prize 2014 for the best premiere recording of the year; it was also nominated for the Deutscher Schallplattenpreis and it was received with praise and applause by the press.
Their second CD, with chamber music by Hans Sommer, a contemporary of Brahms, was also nominated for the Deutscher Schallplattenpreis. Their last album with trios by Dvoˇrák, Fall and Dyakov was nominated on the 2020 longlist of the Price of the German critics.
The Trio Imàge had attracted attention as early as 2011 on the international scene, when a music critic described their concert in New York as a „blazing performance“. The Imàge has since made an international name for itself with concerts in most of Europe as well as in Australia, Asia, and the North and South Americas. It has been invited to famous festivals and performed in famous concert halls, such as the Festival of Mexico, the Verbier Festival, the Lockenhaus Kammermusikfest, the Chelsea Music festival of New York, the November Festival of Chennai, the Varna Summer Festival, the Teatro del Lago, the Berlin Philharmonia and the Berlin Konzerthaus.
Gergana Gergova, violin
Thomas Kaufmann, cello
Pavlin Nechev, piano
1. Frank Martin: Trio sur des mélodies populaires irlandaises, for Piano Trio (1925) - I Allegro moderato (04:51)
2. Frank Martin: Trio sur des mélodies populaires irlandaises, for Piano Trio (1925) - II Adagio (06:01)
3. Frank Martin: Trio sur des mélodies populaires irlandaises, for Piano Trio (1925) - III Gigue. Allegro (05:32)
4. Pancho Vladigerov: Piano Trio in B flat Minor, Op. 4 (1916) - I Moderato (12:58)
5. Pancho Vladigerov: Piano Trio in B flat Minor, Op. 4 (1916) - II Andante cantabile (10:10)
6. Pancho Vladigerov: Piano Trio in B flat Minor, Op. 4 (1916) - III Impetuoso (08:08)
7. Joaquín Turina: Piano Trio in B Minor, Op. 76 (1933) - I Lento – Allegro molto moderato (06:46)
8. Joaquín Turina: Piano Trio in B Minor, Op. 76 (1933) - II Molto vivace (02:29)
9. Joaquín Turina: Piano Trio in B Minor, Op. 76 (1933) - III Lento – Andante mosso - Allegretto (05:20)
more info: www.avierecords.com
more info2: www.trioimage.eu
- AVIE (UK)
- Frank Martin, Pancho Vladigerov, Joaquín Turino
- Trio Imàge
- Frank Martin, Pancho Vladigerov, Joaquín Turino: Piano Trios
- Data premiery